Our Business Days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included. If you perform a transfer after 5:00 p.m. CST on a business day, it will be counted towards the next business day.
You may use your user code and password to:
- Access account information
- Transfer funds between your accounts
- Look up check images
Account Information Disclosure
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant.
- In order to comply with a government agency or court orders.
- In you give us your written permission.
- To Chex System, Inc. an account verification service.
- To local, state, and federal authorities if we believe a crime may have been committed involving your account.
You will receive a monthly account statement providing information on all the transfers made on your Rockwood Bank accounts.
Rockwood Bank's Liability
If we do not complete a transaction to or from your checking or savings account on time or in the correct amount, we will be liable for your losses or damages. There are some exceptions, however. We will not be liable for instance if:
- Through no fault of ours your account does not contain sufficient available funds to make the transaction.
- The transaction would exceed the credit on your overdraft line.
- Circumstances beyond our control, such as fire, flood or a mechanical or electrical failure prevent the transaction, and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- The money in your account in subject to an uncollected funds hold, legal process, dispute or any other encumbrance or agreement restricting transfers.
There may be other exceptions not specifically mentioned above.
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your user code and password have been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all of the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your user code and password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your user code and password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your user code and password without your permission if you had told us you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transfer had you told us in a timely manner.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Address and Telephone Numbers
If you believe your user code and password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call 636-938-9222; or write to:
Eureka, Mo 63025
Business or Trust Accounts
The error resolution and liability sections of this agreement as well as those indicated on the back of the periodic statement do no apply to Business or Trust accounts. In no event shall the Bank be liable for any special or consequential damages. The business entity or trust for which the service is established shall assume the sole responsibility for any unauthorized use of its user code and password and shall indemnify and hold the Bank harmless from any claims, losses and damages related to unauthorized transactions.
In Case of Error or Question
Please call 636-938-9222 or write to Rockwood Bank; 219 Thresher; Eureka, MO 63025 as soon as you can if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on your statement. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the first statement on which the problem or error first appeared. You will need to give us the following information:
- Your name and account number.
- The dollar amount of the suspected error.
- Describe the error or transfer you are inquiring about. Explain as clearly as possible why you believe an error has been made.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error so that you will have use of the funds during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days we may not credit your account.
If we decide that no error took place we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation. Your account would then be adjusted accordingly.